Terms of Services
“Escape to Virginia Beach” Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES AT WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The “Escape to Virginia Beach” Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to those who: i) are onsite at an event hosted by the Sponsor in New York, NY, ii) arelegal permanent residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and, iii) are the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees of Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau (the “Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors, distributors, corporate partners, advertising and promotion agencies, including, but not limited to National Sweepstakes Company, LLC located at 80 Rockwood Place, Ste 104, Rochester, NY 14610 (the “Promotion Administrator”),suppliers and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings or spouse, regardless of where they live, or persons living in same household, whether related or not) and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. The Promotionis void outside of New Yorkand wherever else restricted or prohibited by law.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating, Entrant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and represents and warrants that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, Entrant agrees to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Promotion.
- PROMOTION DATES: The Promotion will start one April 13, 2018and end on April 22, 2018(the “Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.virgilapeach.travel (the “Website) and sign up online to participate in an escape room to receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. Entrant must provide full name and email address and select a date/time to participate in the escape room.All entries must be submitted by 11:59PM ET on April 22, 2018 to be eligible for the drawing. Limit of one (1) entry per Entrant for the Promotion.Neither Sponsor nor any Promotion Entity is responsible for any online entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different identitiesand/or any other methodswill void all of that Entrant’s entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion.In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant the entry will be assigned to the authorized account holder (Authorized Account Holder”) of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The Authorized Account Holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by the email provider who is responsible for assigning email addresses.Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Neither the Sponsor nor Promotion Entities will verify receipt of entries for Entrants. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- PRIZE: One (1) grand prize of a trip for two (2) to Virginia Beach, VA for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest to include: round-trip coach-class air transportation to/from Grand Prize Winner’s legal residence and a major airport near Virginia Beach, VA; two (2) nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy/standard rooms, room and tax only) at a hotel to be determined by the Sponsor; ground transportation to/from the airport and hotel; and a $250 gift card (the “Grand Prize”). Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,300.Trip, travel, and lodging elements selected by Sponsor may be subject to change due to impracticability or unavailability, or for any other reason as determined necessary by Sponsor or its designee. Gift cards, tickets, and certificates if any, are subject to the terms and conditions of issuer and will not be replaced by Sponsor if lost, stolen, misplaced, damaged or destroyed. Trip ARV may vary, depending on the point, date and time of departure. Grand Prize must be accepted as a whole, or will be forfeited in its entirety. If the Grand Prize Winner and guest cannot travel together on the same itinerary, Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. All travel arrangements must be made through a travel agent or entity selected by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all meals, transportation (other than described above), excursions, tips or gratuities, fuel, parking, beverages, telephone calls, overages, baggage fees, extras and any other incidental costs or expenses not specifically stated herein as being included. Specific air carrier(s) and other trip specifics are selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All travel is subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Travel must originate and end at the same major gateway airport. Grand Prize Winner and guest will be required to obtain any travel related documents and maintain all insurance (including health, liability and any other insurance). Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion Entities are not providers/carriers of transportation, or insurance providers. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked. No frequent flier miles will be earned on any element of prize travel. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by Sponsor or its designee. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any changes of any element of the Grand Prize, nor are they liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight/event changes, cancellation or delays. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Any unclaimed and/or unused element of the Grand Prize, or any element thereof, will remain the property of Sponsor or its designee. The trip/prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Paperwork (as defined in the “NOTIFICATION” section of these Official Rules), and/or other travel or release documents. A Grand Prize Winner later found ineligible or non-compliant will be immediately required to return and forfeit any prize awarded. In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or guest engage(s) in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor (or its designee) in their absolute discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, dangerous, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or may cause harm, property damage or any other loss, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and to send the Grand Prize Winner (and guest) home with no further compensation. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded as cash or otherwise.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No more than one (1) Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. The specifics of the Grand Prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The Grand Prize is nontransferable unless permitted at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any and all Grand Prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, municipal and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised Grand Prize is unavailable for any reason beyond our control. Grand Prize Winner consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, image, and/or voice and other indicia of persona for purposes of advertising, promotion, publicity and trade without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval unless prohibited by law. TN residents will not be required to sign a publicity release as a condition of winning the Grand Prize.Grand Prize Winner will be issued an IRS 1099form for the actual value of the Grand Prize for the year in which actual Grand Prize value was received.
- DRAWING/ODDS: On or about April 30, 2018, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all valid and eligible entries received during the Promotion Period in a random electronic drawing conducted by the Promotion Administrator. Promotion Administrator and Sponsor’s decisions are based upon their sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- NOTIFICATION: The Grand Prize Winner will be notified via phone, email or any other available contact sources that the Grand Prize Winner provided at the time of entry. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to be contacted, Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected through a random electronic drawing from the remaining non-winning valid and eligible entries. Except where prohibited, Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return to Promotion Administrator, within five (5) days of the date of notification, an Eligibility and Release of Liability andPublic Release form, a Travel Companion form, and a W-9 from (collectively the “Paperwork”) in order to claim the Grand Prize. If the Grand Prize Winner fails to return the Paperwork within that time frame, or is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected through an electronic random drawing from the remaining non-winning valid and eligible entries. If the notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected in accordance with the same process.The value associated with the Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state, municipal and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor (or a third party acting on its behalf) must report the value of the Grand Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize Winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize Winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE PROMOTION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: By entering this Promotion, Entrant understands that the Sponsor, or anyone acting on its behalf, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, to review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the entry and Grand Prize Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Promotion, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- TERMS: By participating, Entrants agree for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors and administrators to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Promotion itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor and Promotion Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by Sponsor that are sent along with Grand Prize (if applicable). Failures to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, shall be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion should (in its sole discretion) a virus, computer bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor may electronically at random select the Grand Prize Winner from among all valid and eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any personwho tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Promotion, to void entries for any valid reason, including, but not limited to:violation of these Official Rules; multiple entries from the same Entrant from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Official Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering or participating, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotion Entitiesand their partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, except where caused by the act, omission or negligence of Sponsor (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Promotion, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York State having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Promotion), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the Grand Prize Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Virginia BeachWinner’s List Request”, PO Box 10505, Rochester, NY 14610. Requests must be received by May 31, 2018.
- SPONSOR: Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2101 Parks Ave, 5th Floor, Virginia Beach, VA 23451.